Saturday, October 13, 2007

It's been a while....

since I've blogged, and two people actually noticed! No one big reason for my absence, just a bunch of little ones. After the news of our little friend Luke it seems like my "stuff" is rather trivial (it is). Also, I am having new kitchen cabinets put in and my house is in a major state of disarray. Our house is small (1302 sq ft) and the kitchen makes up a big portion of that, so to have everything from my kitchen, in boxes and piles, in my living room has created so much clutter that even my brain feels cluttered. The kitchen cabinets are a whole seperate blog, I think it will be titled Huge Blessings, but you'll have to wait until the kitchen is done and I can post pictures before I tell the story of how this came about.

Speaking of pictures, my camera broke two weeks ago. The LCD screen went haywire. So I pulled out the paperwork to check the warranty. I had bought the camera last fall, so I knew it was getting close. Fortunately, I had 14 days left on the warranty! So I hurried and mailed it to the repair shop. Just yesterday I got an e-mail saying that it had been repaired and was being shipped back to me. Hooray!

Ben's school pictures came home on Friday. I am not sure I like them though. They are fine pictures, it is just that one of the great things about Ben is that his hair is rarely combed, and even when it is combed it is still usually pretty messy. Well, it looks like some picture day helper took it upon themselves to tidy up Ben's hair, thus making him look nothing like the Ben we see every day!

I am thinking about sending him for re-takes and pinning a note on his shirt that says "my mom says not to come my hair please!"
Remember the whole class picture? The one of all the students and the teacher lined up together. You know how there was always one kid who had that "deer in the headlights" look? This year it was Ben! definitely one to save for the wife to see someday!

Ben came out of his room about 20 minutes ago wanting me to feel his loose tooth. It is his first loose tooth and has been loose for almost 6 months. He is coming up on his dentist appointment next week, and I told him that if he didn't get it out that the dentist would pull it. So tonight it was just about ready to come out. I told him to get an apple out of the fridge and to take a bite. He did and it worked! The tooth didn't come out in the apple, but it loosened it enough that he was able to just give it a little twist and out it came. He was so excited! He called his dad at work and Grandma and Papa Rosebrook to tell them. And now the beutiful tiny little baby tooth is nestled safely under his pillow, waiting for the tooth fairy to bring him his moolah. I wonder what the tooth fairy does with all the teeth she will be collecting over the next few years? Does she save them as keepsakes or toss them? Comments appreciated!

Please remember to continue praying for Luke as he courageously battles leukemia.


Big Sista said...

Welcome back! I talk to you several times a week and still missed "Tricia the Blogger!" Am looking forward to seeing pictures of you "new" kitchen.

Lee Ann said...

Yes, we're so glad you're back, and I DID notice. Can't wait to see and hear about your kitchen!

Shannon said...

I noticed you were gone too. But I knew you were taking time because of everything going on with Luke after you left me a comment. So I gave you your space 8) Glad you are back! kitchen! Can't wait to see pics!

Eryn Kesler said...

I love the class pic of Ben! That's awesome! Can't wait to see your kitchen pics and I'm glad you're back! E

infarrantly creative said...

I think it is a good pic. My mom was the one who combed a little kids hair in my kindergarten class. The mom FLIPPED out on my mom. Made me laugh to read your blog. Because I totally see it happen.