Thursday, August 23, 2007

MEME

I got tagged. So I have to do this thing called MEME
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/stories about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog

My MeMe.........

1. I have a huge family. Dad, mom, four sisters, one brother, four brothers in law and one sister in law, sixteen (almost seventeen) nieces and nephews and we get together at least five times a year. We do "quarterly birthday parties" for all the kids who had b-days in that quarter, and then we alternate Christmas and Thanksgiving every other year. In case you lost count that is 32 people.....and still growing.

2. The very first time that I met Dave (my husband) I knew that I was going to marry him. We met at Crossroads Church, at the time I was going to school at Multnomah, and the night I met him I went back and told my roommate that I had met the guy I was going to marry. We didn't start dating until six months later, and that was only because Bruce and Vicki Dillon urged him to ask me out. We married 13 months after our first date, and have been married for 13 years!

3. Okay, this one is going to be a stretch for me, but I'll put it out here......I have lots of friends, but do not feel like I have any deep friendships. Not to anyone's fault but my own, I have a wall that I put up that allows people only to a certain point of knowing me. I struggle with a fear of being vulnerable, so I try to give off the impression that my lots of friends is enough.

4. My love language is NOT gifts..........please do not buy me gifts, I think they are a waste. If I want something bad enough, I will buy it for myself. This also means that I am not good about giving gifts, which leads to problems because I am discovering that Benjamin's love language IS gifts. I need to remember to speak it more often.

5. In the fourth grade I wanted a pair of Levi Shrink to Fit 501's soooooooo bad because Lori Lindall had a pair, and she said she would not be my friend if I didn't have a pair. My parents could not afford to buy them (and besides I had perfectly good homemade Designer jeans ;)). Lori and I never spoke again.

6. I LOVE 7-11 nachos. I eat them once or twice a year. Smothered in that warm artificial cheese and chili (which I am sure is real meat....)Yummy!

7. One of my favorite places in the whole wide world is Cooperstown, New York. It is pretty much smack dab in the middle of New York state, but visiting there made me feel like I was in a Norman Rockwell painting. Stately white homes, churches with big steeples and bells that tolled, tree lined streets. No fast food restaurants or grocery stores, only the corner general store, and a beautiful lake on the edge of town. If I had an extra million I would move there and buy a bed and breakfast. And since it is home to the Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, my husband would go too! No, we did not name our little Cooper after the town, he was nine months old and already named when Dave and I went there.

8. I love to read. If I start a book and I really like it, I have been known to not put it down until I am completely done with it, no matter how long it takes. It has happened once that my children ate cereal for three meals one Saturday while I read all day. That was a good book!


There you are......

Tag goes to Eryn, Lynne P., Amy H......that all I know, sorry.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Great list! I want to go to Cooperstown! Sounds beautiful. I love fake cheese too! And I think a lot of people relate to you on the friendship thing.

Infarrantly Creative said...

How can you not like gifts? I guess we can't be friends. Well maybe we can be blogger friends I can't expect a gift that way. WINK WINK

michelle allen said...

I feel like I know you better already Trish. : ) Welcome to Blog Land!