Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Answers to my prayers.......

As I posted a few posts ago; Dave started his last semester of college yesterday. The next three months were going to be very hairy for us as we tried to juggle life with Dave in class everyday, Monday thru Friday, night classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays and three weekend seminars. Last week we had worked out a schedule for his classes, work and sleep, in order to figure out when we would need to have Cooper at Ms. Jeannie's (she is his amazing daycare lady, but she isn't really a "daycare"). And as it was layed out, it looked like Cooper would have to be at Jeannie's four days a week, at least 3 hours two days, and more like 6 hours the other two days. Being at Jeannie's is not a bad thing, as a matter of fact, Cooper has been asking all summer when he gets to go back to Ms. Jeannies. It is just that no parent wants to have someone else raise their kids, and up until this past year, we have been able to juggle our schedules in order to avoid having to have either of the boys in daycare while I worked. Not to mention the cost was going to be a big stretch for us.
I am not usually a worrier, but yesterday I had to talk myself out of having a pity party/panic attack (or whatever it would have turned out to be) at the prospect of how hard the next three months were going to be for us. Selfishly, I was mostly worried about how hard it would be for me, but had some slight concern for Dave! On the brink of my breakdown, my friend Lisa invited me to hang out with her at her house for the evening. That worked perfect, since Ben was at soccer practice where Lisa's husband is the coach, he would bring him back to the house, and Cooper could play with his "Beff Fwend Kaleb" (That is what Coop calls him every time he refers to Kaleb), Lisa and I had a chance to visit and I got to snuggle with baby Helaina! I have been praying that God would give me patience and strength to not just handle the afternoons and evenings with the boys by myself, because Dave would either be in school or sleeping, but to also enjoy the time with the boys. I don't want to look back at this time with regret because I was a stressed out mom.
That was the first answer to my prayers, the second came this morning, when Dave got to his class that was scheduled for M-W-F there was a notice on the door that the class had been changed to a half semester class, and would not be starting until October 22. That is huge for us! Dave went to the registrars office to make sure that the class would still be 3 credits because he has to have those to graduate, and she said that it would be. So, he no longer has classes five days a week for the next three and a half months! Until that last week of October he will only have his two classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays and Coop will not have to be at Jeannies quite as much.
It all may seem small in the grand scope of the world, but to me it is God reminding me that He always take care of us and has surrounded us with great friends that are here to help and suport us.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Yeah! I love to hear stories of how God takes care of his children.