Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy First Day of Winter!

I cannot believe all this snow! We are buried here. Benjamin and I went out our deck to measure this afternoon and our 12inch ruler was buried by about 1/2 an inch. I know, to all you bloggy friends that live places like Colorado, Illinois, Virginia and other arctic places, that may not seem like much, but for those of us here in the normally rainy Pacific Northwest, it is a ton of snow!

So what have we been doing?

Well, we've played in the snow.

We left our stuffed friends inside to watch the snow fall.

We sucked on sheets of ice.



We played games together on the computer.

(please ignore that messy desk!)

We decorated our gingerbread house.

Tonight, during our bedtime prayers we prayed that our dear friends Jim and Bob the squirrels are tucked into their nest high in our tree and are staying warm.

And finally, tonight I spent two hours shoveling the walk, digging my car out from under a foot of snow, and putting chains on so that when Dave leaves for work tomorrow in our four wheel drive Xterra, the boys and I are not stuck here at home!

14 comments:

annaliese said...

fun snow pictures! we are loving it, too :)

Unknown said...

WOW!!! That's a lot of snow. I ALMOST don't miss the snow, but a white Christmas is always nice.

Lee Ann said...

Looks like lots of fun! At least you have a shovel! I'm gonna have to go begging to borrow today. Hope you get out for something else to do today.

Meagan said...

That is so incredible! My sister said they got about 23 inches in less than 2 days and as of yesterday afternoon they had 6 more! Ack! I don't miss the snow much, but I do wish my kids were able to see it a little more often. I had so much fun in the snow as a kid. We usually get something but it's pretty pathetic!

Have a Merry Christmas, friend! Love ya!

Elena said...

WE've bennon a winter storm watch all weekend and all we got was abou 3 inches. I think in total we have just under a foot. Crazy that you have more than us!! And that gingerbread house was AWESOME! Have fun digging yourself out.

Karen said...

My gingerbread houses NEVER turn out that nice. Did you help, or did the boys do it all by themselves?

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Wow! I want just a little snow. Just a tad. Flurries. Something. We are actually rather chilly today - I think the high is in the 40's. But Saturday our high was near 80. And on Christmas day we are looking at highs near 70. I keep having fun showing my girls all the snow pictures from the rest of the country!

Amy said...

Am I the only one IMPRESSED that you put chains on the car yourself? You go, girl!

Elena said...

Okay, I spoke too soon with my comment. I hadn't peeked out the window yet. We got a good foot today. CRAZY all this snow!!!

The Aldridge's said...

Love the gingerbread house, it looks great!

Cheryl

I Love Purple More Than You said...

Great job on the gingerbread house! Ah... shoveling the driveway. Something I hope I never have to say I did. :)

Shannon said...

fun fun fun!
I'm still stuck at home, but loving to the snow too much to care!

Debbie said...

I was wondering if you had been hit with the snow...That is ALOT of snow! We only get those kinds of snow storms once every five years or so. We are good for a couple of 3-6 inchers a couple times a year...but a foot is "shut-down-the-city-and-the-schools for a week kind of snow around here. How lucky are you that it is going to be a white Christmas for you. we are expecting 50. Bummer!

shellee said...

I want to play in the snow too. Here in California, it hasn't been so sunny, but where I'm at (in the Central Valley), it hasn't been snowy either. Your photos make me want to sled down a hill too. Merry Christmas, a little late.